WHAT'S NEW IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS????(NO CHANGES FROM OCTOBER NEWSLETTER)CDCS FORMS & INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE
. Visit www.anokacounty.us/CDCS
. If you would like to receive monthly CDCS Newsletters and up to date short News Flashes, Go to the NOTIFY ME
button and follow the directions.Non-Disability Camp Request Form (NEW)
- For typical day and overnight camps that are not specifically related to a disability, a new form must be completed describing how the camp will be adapted to meet the participant's assessed needs and how the health and safety needs of the participant will be met.UPDATED Anoka County CDCS Guidelines (as of January 2016).
All CSP renewals need to reflect the new guideline changes. You can find the guidelines at www.anokacounty.us/CDCS
.USE NEW FORMS
! New revised "fillable" forms should now be used. Toss away the old ones. New forms include: Addition/Addendum – general or PPOM/spouse, Computer/Tablet Request, Special Diet Request, Alternative or Specialized Treatment Form, Positive Behavior Plan, Non-Disability Camp Request Form, etc. All forms and guidelines are available at www.anokacounty.us/CDCS .
– On July 1, 2016, you should have received a small increase of 0.2% to CDCS budgets carried over from last year’s union agreement. This increase is meant to offset the minimum wage increase from $10.75/hour to $11.00/hour (E.g. $30,000 yearly budget would increase by $60). You should have received a letter with this information from Anoka County and a new service agreement from MN DHS with your new amount. FOR AC/EW CDCS PARTICIPANTS ONLY
- Ask your case manager about how to access your 21.3% increase.PPOM/Spouse MAXIMUM WAGE INCREASES TO $16.75/hour including benefits(Payroll/FEA model Only)
. If on AWC model, contact your FSE for the new wage rate.. This increased wage will not automatically happen. If you would like to increase this wage in your current plan contact your case manager and the FSE to help calculate and assure that you do not overspend your budget allocation. STAFF MILEAGE DECREASE – Effective January 1, 2016,
the maximum staff mileage reimbursement is 54 cents/mile. CONSIDER CHANGING FISCAL MODELS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER –
At some point (sometime in 2017) everyone on CDCS will need to use the Participant Employer model (currently referred to as the Payroll/FEA Model). You may want to consider switching to this model upon your next renewal if you are not currently on this model. Please contact your FSE at least 2-4 weeks prior to your renewal if you plan to switch models to allow enough time to complete paperwork and process the change. Your accrued PTO will automatically be moved to the new model upon the switch. Watch for more information from your FSE.MINIMUM STAFF WAGE INCREASE
– Effective July 1, 2016, minimum wage increased from $10.75/hr. to $11.00/hr. This change will happen automatically. You will be contacted if more adjustments need to happen.PAID TIME OFF (PTO) INFORMATION
– Any direct support staff (including paid parents of minors/spouses) may redeem PTO at any time after their 600 hour threshold is made and with consent from the managing party.CELL PHONES & MINUTES NO LONGER ALLOWED - In today’s world a cell phone is a typical family/personal expense. Waiver funds are for items needed above and beyond what is typical and related to the disability. Most adults qualify for free cell phones with minutes. FREE resources include: www.lifewireless.com or http://www.assurancewireless.com/ Public/Welcome.aspx).
ARE YOU A GRADUATE BETWEEN 2013 and 2016? Ask your case manager about a 20% budget increase to help with vocational activities and/or day programming.
HOSPITAL OR NURSING HOME STAY? During a hospital/nursing home stay, CDCS services cannot be used. However, if staff worked prior to admission and/or after discharge on the same day, they can still get paid for their time.
BACKGROUND STUDIES REQUIRED! All direct support staff (including PPOM/spouse) need to complete and pass a background study each year until they are fingerprinted (Net Study 2.0). These costs do not come out of the CDCS budget amount.