On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, the Anoka County Board of Commissioners approved a resolution Authorizing the Abatement of Anoka County Property Tax Penalties for First Half Taxes Payable in 2021 in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic.
This abatement of penalty will only apply to:
- Current year non-escrow residential and non-residential properties
- Taxes must be under $50,000 annual property tax owed for all properties owned by the taxpayer
- Excludes railroad and utility parcels
- The penalty abatement will apply only if the first half payment is made in full by June 15, 2021
- A completed application must be submitted to qualify for this abatement
Click here for application