Cross Country Skiing
Cross Country Ski Trail Passes
A State of Minnesota cross-country ski trail pass must be in possession by each ski trail user. Daily ski trail passes cost $6 per person and can be purchased at the Bunker Hills Campground building, Chomonix Golf Course clubhouse building, Coon Rapids Dam visitor center building, and Bunker Hills Activity Center building. Season ski trail passes must be purchased through the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. For more information, please visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources website.
Equipment rental will be offered at the following locations as weather permits:
Bunker Hills Campground Visitor Center: 763-324-3330
Rental available daily 9:00-4:00 pm
Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center: 763-324-3320
Rental available Saturday & Sunday 9:00-4:00 pm
Rental equipment will not be available at Chomonix Clubhouse due to renovations of the clubhouse.
It is recommend that you call to confirm rentals are available.
The Anoka County Parks Department offers cross-country skiing at four different park locations for you to enjoy. Rental equipment for cross county skiing is available at Bunker Hills Campground Visitor Center and at the Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center.
Anoka County also offers over 8 kilometers of Skijoring Trails.
Cross Country Skiing Locations
- 20 kilometers of ski trails - flat to slightly hilly terrain trail loops.
- Rental skis are available daily from 9:00 am-4:00 pm at the Bunker Hills Campground Visitors Center when their is sufficient snow cover.It is recommended that you call to confirm availability. 763-324-3330.
- The Bunker Hills Activity Center Building, located in the northern portion of the park, is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Daily trail permits are available at this location.
- Need more information? Call 763-324-3300 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
- Winter Park Map (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 10 kilometers of ski trails - relatively flat terrain.
- Rental skis are available at the Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center building when there is sufficient snow.
- The Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center building’s hours of operation are Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Need more information? Call 763-324-3320.
- Winter Park Map (PDF)
- 8 kilometers of ski trails - flat to slightly hilly terrain trail loops.
- No rental skis or building available at this location.
- Need more information? Call 763-324-3300
- Winter Park Map (PDF)