Camp 3 Road Temporary Closure between Kettle River Blvd and Lake Drive
Join Anoka County and the City of Columbus for a virtual Public Open House to learn more about this closure.
Join virtually! The virtual open house is available from Sept. 21-Nov. 14, 2021 at https://camp3roadclosure.com/. Review the information and share your thoughts on how the temporary closure affects your travels. Don’t forget to take the survey!
The intersection of Kettle River Boulevard with Camp 3 Road has a documented history of crashes, along with non-documented near-miss accidents. Anoka County, in partnership with the City of Columbus, have previously implemented low cost / low impact solutions to this intersection, such as tree clearing and increased signage, to improve the intersection. However, additional and larger improvements are needed to further improve this intersection. Anoka County and the City of Columbus have committed to temporarily close the segment of Camp 3 Road from Kettle River Boulevard to Lake Drive, to allow Anoka County to collect data and learn from motorist’s traffic patterns as to what may occur if Camp 3 Road is permanently closed at Kettle River Boulevard. This data will provide important information to both agencies, which will assist in determining a solution to the safety issues occurring at this intersection.
Anoka County has scheduled a temporary closure of Camp 3 Road between Kettle River Boulevard (CSAH 62) and Lake Drive (CSAH 23), for a period of 6 weeks starting on October 4, thru November 10, 2021.
After the temporary closure has re-opened, a survey will be provided to the public to gather additional information from the public and motorists.
- Obtain feedback from residents/commuters affected by the proposed closure
- Obtain traffic counts and analyze traffic patterns in the area
- Review feedback/data and propose a solution
Below is an overview of the project schedule identifying key milestones in the process:
- Public Input (web based) – September 21, 2021 to November 14, 2021
- Public Input (In-Person Open House #1) – September 21, 2021 (5:00 PM to 7:00 PM) - Postcard
- Temporary Closure – Monday, October 4, 2021 to Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Public Input (In-Person Open House #2) – November, 2021 (TBD)
- Data / Comment Analysis / Discussion - December, 2021 (TBD)
- Review Findings / Determine Next Steps - Winter 2021-2022
Project Website - City of Columbus
If you have questions for the City of Columbus, please visit their website.