Ramsey Gateway Project
Mississippi West Regional Park Impact Public Comment Period
Anoka County is soliciting comments on the effects this project would have on Mississippi West Regional Park from through Monday, July 12. The project will impact Mississippi West Regional Park by acquiring right of way for the realigned Riverdale Drive and Ramsey Boulevard intersection. The project will have no negative effects on the function and use of Mississippi West Regional Park.
Learn more and how to submit comments on the Virtual Open House under the Environmental Documentation tab.
Anoka County, MnDOT, and the City of Ramsey developed a locally supported vision of the Highway 10 corridor through Ramsey as part of the Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Study. The Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Project continues that vision with design of two grade-separated interchanges at Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard that will replace existing signalized intersections. Grade separation of the BNSF Railway and a new frontage road between Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard are also part of this design project.
Project goals include:
- Safely accommodating all users including motor vehicles, freight, rail, transit, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Providing efficient mobility and access for all modes of travel
- Developing a financially responsible design that minimizes right-of-way and environmental resource impacts
- Securing additional funding for full project construction
We are currently in the second phase of the project, which is preliminary design. For an overview of the project development process, see the graphic below.
Key milestones of the project are shown in the schedule below:
- Public Open Houses – Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Winter 2022, Winter 2023
- Preliminary Design – June 2020 to August 2021
- Final Design – September 2021 to Jan 2023
- Right of Way Acquisition Process – January 2021 to January 2023
- Construction begins - 2023
Documents & Previous Studies
If you have questions or comments about the project, please contact:
Nicholas Dobda, Design Engineering Supervisor
763-324-3118, [email protected]
Jason Orcutt, Program Delivery Manager
763-324-3115, [email protected]