Ramsey Gateway Project
Virtual Open House Overview
Anoka County, MnDOT, and the City of Ramsey will host a virtual open house, beginning Friday, May 14, 2021 through Monday, May 24, 2021. This virtual open house will introduce the recommended project alternate, share the anticipated construction timelines, and provide an opportunity for public comments.
The virtual open house can be viewed at your convenience, at any time of day. Printed copies of project information are also available at Ramsey City Hall. If you would like to meet one-on-one with project staff to discuss questions or concerns, please reach out to Ashley Hudson to schedule a meeting.
To view materials from the previous open house that was held in February 2021, visit the Stakeholder Involvement page of this website.
Anoka County, MnDOT, and the City of Ramsey developed a locally supported vision of the Highway 10 corridor through Ramsey as part of the Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Study. The Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Project continues that vision with design of two grade-separated interchanges at Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard that will replace existing signalized intersections. Grade separation of the BNSF Railway and a new frontage road between Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard are also part of this design project.
Project goals include:
- Safely accommodating all users including motor vehicles, freight, rail, transit, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Providing efficient mobility and access for all modes of travel
- Developing a financially responsible design that minimizes right-of-way and environmental resource impacts
- Securing additional funding for full project construction
We are currently in the second phase of the project, which is preliminary design. For an overview of the project development process, see the graphic below.
Key milestones of the project are shown in the schedule below:
- Public Open Houses – Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Winter 2022, Winter 2023
- Preliminary Design – June 2020 to August 2021
- Final Design – September 2021 to Jan 2023
- Right of Way Acquisition Process – January 2021 to January 2023
- Construction begins - 2023
Documents & Previous Studies
If you have questions or comments about the project, please contact:
Nicholas Dobda, Design Engineering Supervisor
763-324-3118, [email protected]
Jason Orcutt, Program Delivery Manager
763-324-3115, [email protected]