Anoka County Transit & COVID-19
Anoka County Transit is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of customers and drivers. Due to the quickly changing nature of COVID-19, we have had to make adjustments to transportation services offered around the County. We ask that you only use transit for essential travel only.
Medlink Volunteer Driver Service
- Volunteer Driver Service is suspended until further notice.
- More information will be available on the Medlink reservation line at (763) 324 - 3255
Traveler Transit Link & Metro Mobility
Stay home and stay safe. Anyone can use Transit Link or Metro Mobility to order groceries and household essentials from a store that has online shopping and local pick up.They will pick up your order and deliver to your house.The service is provided Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. and is free – no fares for delivery. and there will be no fares for delivery.
- Four-bag limit remains in effect.
- Pickups must be scheduled at a commercial location and drivers will verify your photo ID at drop-off.
- You can book same day or in advance, for groceries andhousehold essentials, You’ll receive your delivery within 60 minutes of scheduled pickup time.
- Just tell the store Metro Mobility or Transit Link is picking up and provide us your order number for pick up.
Contact Transit Link at (651) 602 - 5465 -- For travel in Anoka County, the prompts are 1, 1 and 1
- Contact Metro Mobility at (651) 602 - 1111
Transit Link is also offering free delivery of goods from food shelves. You can schedule a pickup through the food shelf or a Transit Link customer service representative.
Free Rides for Essential Workers with both Transit Link and Metro Mobility
Transit Link will provide FREE rides for essential workers including anyone employed in economic sectors such as -
- Healthcare and Public Health
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety
- Food and Agriculture
- Transportation and Logistics
To be eligible, the customer must identify themselves as an Essential Worker at the time of booking and must show the driver their employer letter indicating they are employed as an essential worker.
Metro Mobility is also offering FREE rides for essential health care workers. All you need is an employee identification badge that shows you are employed in a health care facility. Rides are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please visit Metro Mobility to determine your provider and phone numbers to schedule.
Traveler Fixed Route Bus Service (801, 805, 831)
- Route 801 - Weekday Service
- Route 805 - Saturday Service
- Route 831 - Weekday service except these trips will NOT operate - 6:00 am and 7:00 am Northbound trips and 6:27 am and 7:27 am Southbound trips.
Reduced service started Wednesday, March 25. This is to address a sharp decline in ridership and to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- DO NOT ride transit if your trip is not essential.
- Starting Monday, May 18 it is now required to wear a face covering on all Metropolitan Council buses and trains, Metro Mobility and Transit Link Vehicles.
- Service will not be denied, but if there is widespread non-compliance, additional steps may be taken.
- On 40-foot buses, no more than 10 customers may be allowed; on 60-feet buses, no more than 15 customers may be allowed on board a time.
- Board and exit bus using back door - the front doors and ramps are available for those who need it for any reason.
- Light rail service is operating from 6 am to 9 pm daily; bus service operates 4:30 am to 11 pm
- Suspended light rail service from 9 pm to 6 am - except between Terminal 1 and 2, which continues to operate overnight.
- More information on specific routes can be found here.
- March, April, and May Transit Tours postponed.
- Bike to Work Week has been postponed to September 14 - 18.
- Celebrate Earth Day Virtually by taking the pledge to walk or bike on April 22.
- Sign up to virtually celebrate Bike Month by participating in our 31 Days of Biking challenge.
- Metro Mobility Delivers food from food shelves - More information found here
- Metro Mobility offering free rides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to health care workers. Just show identification card.