Anoka County Transit & COVID-19
Medlink Volunteer Driver Service
- Volunteer Driver Service has resumed service on August 3, 2020.
Traveler Transit Link & Metro Mobility
Stay home and stay safe. Anyone can use Transit Link or Metro Mobility to order groceries and household essentials from a store that has online shopping and local pick up.They will pick up your order and deliver to your house.The service is provided Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. and is free – no fares for delivery.
- Four-bag limit remains in effect.
- Pickups must be scheduled at a commercial location and drivers will verify your photo ID at drop-off.
- You can book same day or in advance, for groceries & household essentials. You’ll receive your delivery within 60 minutes of scheduled pickup time.
- Just tell the store Metro Mobility or Transit Link is picking up and provide us your order number for pick up.
Contact Transit Link at (651) 602 - 5465 -- For travel in Anoka County, the prompts are 1, 1 and 1.
- Contact Metro Mobility at (651) 602 - 1111.
Transit Link is also offering free delivery of goods from food shelves. You can schedule a pickup through the food shelf or a Transit Link customer service representative.
Free Rides for Essential Workers with both Transit Link and Metro Mobility
Transit Link will provide FREE rides for essential workers including anyone employed in economic sectors such as -
- Healthcare and Public Health
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety
- Food and Agriculture
- Transportation and Logistics
To be eligible, the customer must identify themselves as an Essential Worker at the time of booking and must show the driver their employer letter indicating they are employed as an essential worker.
Metro Mobility is also offering FREE rides for essential health care workers. All you need is an employee identification badge that shows you are employed in a health care facility. Rides are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please visit Metro Mobility to determine your provider and phone numbers to schedule.
Metro Transit Bus Service in Anoka County
- Route 10 - Saturday service plus:
- Route 801 - Weekday Service
- Route 805 - Saturday Service
- Route 831 - Weekday service except these trips will NOT operate - 6:00 am and 7:00 am Northbound trips and 6:27 am and 7:27 am Southbound trips.
- Route 850- No regular Saturday service. These trips will operate:
- Route 852 - Saturday Service
- Route 865- No regular Saturday service. These trips will operate:
Metro Transit Customer Guidelines
- It is now required to wear a face covering on all Metropolitan Council buses and trains, Metro Mobility, and Transit Link Vehicles.
- Masks are available on buses for customers who are not wearing their own.
- On 40-foot buses, no more than 10 customers may be allowed; on 60-feet buses, no more than 15 customers may be allowed on board a time.
- On all days of the week, light rail service will operate between 4 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. daily (as of June 27).
- (METRO Blue Line airport shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 stations continues to operate 24 hours-a-day.)
- More information on specific routes can be found here.
- Bike to Work Week has been postponed to September 14 - 18.
- Transit Tours have been postponed until further notice.
- Metro Mobility Delivers food from food shelves - More information found here
- Metro Mobility offering free rides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to health care workers. Just show identification card.