COVID-19 Impact on Anoka County Services
Anoka County Pandemic Response
June 14, 2021
Some Anoka County facilities remain closed to in-person services, including the Human Services Centers (Blaine/Eastern/Southern Neighborhood) and some floors at the Anoka County Government Center in Anoka.
- Government Center: Floors 1 and 2 are open. The public can access the Property Records and Taxation counter, and Elections and Voter Registration counter, as well as Veteran Services on Floor 2.
- License and Passport Center locations are open by appointment and some walk-in services. Check their page for specific information.
- Libraries are open.
Committee and Board Meetings
Service Plan Update
Although many county face-to-face visits have been eliminated for now, our new service model includes still being available to help you via email, phone and online. See list below for specific closures, service delivery modifications, contact information, and instructions.
If you know the department you need to speak with, please navigate to their page. Otherwise, please call our main number, 763-324-4000 and someone will direct your call.
Document Drop Off Locations
Anoka County is now accepting a variety of paperwork at three county locations and only vehicle tab renewals at two others. The locations accepting paperwork including vehicle tab renewals, property tax documents, child support and economic assistance applications, and reporting forms are:
- Anoka County Government Center, 2100 3rd Ave., Anoka
- Blaine Human Service Center, 89th Ave. NE
- City Hall, Ramsey, 7550 Sunwood Dr. NW (Use drive-thru behind building on Veterans Drive)
The locations accepting only tab renewals are:
- Coon Rapids License Center, 455 99th Ave. NW #100B
- Blaine License Center, 10995 Club W Pkwy. NE #700a
- Ham Lake License Center, 17565 Central Ave NE, Ste 330
Residents using the drop boxes for tab renewals should include in the envelope insurance information, a check with their driver’s license number and phone number, and both halves of the prebill from the state. Residents who do not have the renewal slip mailed from the state or have a change of address should follow the instructions here.
You may also mail any paperwork to: Government Center, 2100 3rd Ave., Anoka, MN 55303.
Note: Paperwork that CANNOT be accepted at drop boxes or mailed are documents related to legal service, litigation, or court matters. If your child support, economic assistance (EA), or property tax paperwork involves a petition or claim to the Anoka County Attorney’s Office, those documents MUST be served on the County Attorney. Please visit the Attorney’s Office website for specific direction regarding property tax petitions. Please see your child support/EA paperwork for service by mail directions regarding legal proceedings. Questions about legal documents can be directed to the County Attorney’s Office: 763-324-5550.
License and Passport Centers
Alternative Service for 2021 Tax Petitions
In light of the public facility closures, which may interfere with the service deadline for tax petitions, Anoka County has adopted alternative methods for service of tax petitions. Details and instructions are found in this document.
The Anoka County Attorney’s Office continues to operate and process cases, with priority given to cases in which public or private safety is at risk and cases in which a speedy trial demand has been made. We are following the Supreme Court's directives, which can be found here. Masks are currently required in all state court facilities.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch has created a self-help page for litigants navigating the court process during this time. There are digital aids, guides for e-filing, and contact information for help. View resources here.
Meeting with the Public
The Attorney’s Office is postponing all non-essential in-person meetings and scheduling phone or web-based conferences whenever possible. If you have questions or need to reschedule an appointment, call 763-324-5550 or email [email protected]
- Please contact us at 763-324-4800 with any questions.
- Visit the Anoka County District Court page
- Office Reception Areas: Closed to walk-in traffic. Please contact your probation officer with questions
- Drug and Alcohol Testing: Limited – at request only.
- Programs and CD Educational Sessions: Will be rescheduled with new notices
Social Visiting (family & friends)
- On-site video visiting – no charge
- Off-site video visiting – one free visit per week, others available @ normal price. (the normal price is still a good option for folks when you factor in travel time, fuel costs, etc.)
Professional Visiting (attorney’s, probation officers, etc.)
- On-site visits must be non-contact for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Off-site video visits are available to professional visitors at no cost.
- Courthouse: Open for limited services
- Adult Correctional Facility: Open for limited services
- Juvenile Detention Centers: Open for limited services
Community DevelopmentNo applications accepted for single family home rehab loan programs and well / septic loan program.
No radon kits for sale
Community Social Services and Behavioral HealthAnoka County has closed all Community Social Services and Behavioral Health public facing offices, Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, Lexington and Rum River.
- Office Reception Areas: Closed to walk-in traffic. Contact 763-324-1400.
- Please contact your Social Worker or appropriate service area with questions
- Anoka County Community Social Services & Behavioral Health at 763-324-1400.
- Family Visitation (Please consult with your Social Worker) or call 763-324-1400.
- Rule 25 Assessment Services are limited. Contact 763-324-1270.
- Child Protection Reporting are available online here and by phone at 763-324-1440.
- Adult Protection Reporting is available through MAARC at 1-844-880-1574.
Elections & Voter Registration
- Public service counter is open
- You can continue to reach the Elections & Voter Registration Office by phone (763-324-1300) or email ([email protected]) during normal working hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All Anoka County Economic Assistance public facing offices in Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights and Lexington are closed until further notice.
- In-person interviews and intakes are suspended until further notice.
- You may apply online as directed on our site.
- You may also call our EZ info line at 763-422-7200 to request an application to be mailed to you. Your application will be processed and interviews will be conducted via phone.
- If you have Economic Assistance paperwork to submit, please use the drop boxes located at our Human Service Center in Blaine, the Government Center in Anoka, or Ramsey City Hall. (use drive thru located behind building on Veterans Drive)
- Paperwork can also be submitted by email to [email protected]. You may mail documents to: Government Center, 2100 3rd Ave., Ste 400, Anoka, MN 55303
- Free delivery from participating food shelves available through Anoka county Transit with support from the Met Council. Learn details of the program here under 'Food Shelf Grocery Delivery'.
- Child Support questions, please call 763-422-7200. Child Support paperwork can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 763-324-3990.
Examiner of Titles
- The Examiner of Titles office location is CLOSED. All non-essential in-person meetings with the Examiner of Titles have been suspended and should be conducted via phone or web-based conference application (i.e., WebEx). Please contact our office to set up an appointment.
- You can reach the Examiner of Titles Office by phone (763-324-1199) or email ([email protected]).
- We continue to accept directive requests via email ([email protected]) and through U.S. mail when original documents must be submitted. All completed directives will be returned via U.S. mail.
- All hearings assigned to the Examiner of Titles will be conducted via WebEx. Visit the Examiner of Titles page for additional information.
10th Judicial District (Courthouse)The 10th Judicial District Anoka County courthouse remains open and operational. To access the courthouse, you may enter through the main Government Center doors on Third Avenue. Although the parking ramp is open, the entrance door to the Government Center, near the ramp (door #16) is closed. Please continue between the buildings and take a right just past the loading dock to enter through door #14. Once inside the Government Center, follow the signage and continue down the hallway to the security checkpoint.
- All routine inspections that include food & beverage, lodging, pools, well sanitation surveys, body art, hazardous waste and transfer stations ARE OCCURRING on schedule if the business is open.
- All complaints are being investigated in-person or by phone. The nature of the complaint will determine if a site visit is warranted.
- Well water samples – the well water testing program is open on a limited basis. Click here for more information.
SACA (Southern Anoka County Assistance)
- Call to make an appointment
- Parking lot / drive-up delivery model.
- Food delivery is still available, but currently over capacity.
- Call to make an appointment.
- Serving food shelf customers via a drive-up model.
- Drive up to the food shelf side entrance for food pick-up.
ACBC (Anoka County Brotherhood Council)
- Operating during regular hours.
- Currently using drive-thru for food pick-up.
Centennial Food Shelf
- Curbside delivery method, with client completing a checklist ordered.
- Volunteers deliver orders to clients in their cars.
NACE (Northern Anoka County Emergency)
Limit of five people in the intake room at any time.
- Food is handled by volunteers only.
- Food is delivered to clients in their cars.
- Public access points to our facilities have been temporary closed, but our offices and operations are fully functional at this time
- All scheduled public meetings/open houses for highway projects have been cancelled at this time.
- Phone: 763-324-3100
- Email the Highway Department
- All Public Health immunization clinics are cancelled until further notice.
Job Training Center
- Anoka County in-person services are suspended until further notice but we are still serving you in a virtual setting, including weekly hiring events. Inquire about programming and services by calling 763-324-2300 or visit www.careerforcemn.com
- Local companies are hiring! Check out the list on our webpage.
- Subscribe to the Job Training Center website to receive alerts on updated list of employers.
- Careerforce now has online workshops on job search, resume writing and interviewing skills, along with several other resources here.
- For information on unemployment call 651-296-3644 or visit the Mn Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program page.
- Blaine Dropbox: Blaine Human Service Center, 1201 89th Ave. NE, Blaine
- Law Library is now OPEN to the public (June 1, 2020)
- Many court forms are available on www.mncourts.gov
- Law Library staff will provide additional forms through e-mail
- Call 763-324-5560 or e-mail [email protected] for assistance using the courts website or locating any other legal information, including information from Westlaw
- Legal clinics have resumed. Visit the law library page for more information or contact the library via phone or e-mail.”
Payments to the CountyNo in person payments can be made at this time. You are still responsible to pay your invoice or debt.
The ways to pay are:
Via MailPlease address to:
Anoka County Finance and Central Services
2100 3rd Ave, Suite 300
Anoka, MN 55303
Via OnlineMake payments online
Via PhoneIf you are paying via credit card, and cannot pay online, please call 763-324-1700
If you have questions please call 763-324-1700
Property Records and Taxation (including Vital Records)
- You can pay your property taxes: By mail, online, drop box locations, or the Public Service Counter. Go to our webpage for more details on each method.
- We continue to accept land record document recordings for the Recorder and Registrar of Titles through electronic recording and paper documents via U.S. mail, or at our Public Service counter.
- We continue to accept Plats for review and/or recording by appointment only during the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Please contact the Surveyor’s Office at (763-324-3101) to schedule appointments.
- Some Vital Statistics/Records information can be requested by mail, please see our website or contact our office by phone (763-323-5400) or email ([email protected]) during normal working hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- For information regarding a Marriage License Application click here.
- You can continue to reach Property Records & Taxation by phone (763-323-5400) or email ([email protected]) during normal working hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The Public Service counter is also available at the Government Center located at 2100 3rd Ave, Anoka.
- current and anyone that needs to be newly enrolled – all services are being done telephonically 763-324-4230
Family Home Visiting
- current and anyone new admissions are being visited either telephonically and via secure Video Visiting 763-324-4240
Child & Teen Checkups Outreach
- all outreach to clients, providers, community partners are being done telephonically 763-324-4280
- all work with partners is being done via telephone, video, email 763-324-4200
- All Public Health immunization clinics are cancelled until further notice
- For questions and future appointments, call 763-324-4240
PurchasingFor current or upcoming procurements which may be impacted by COVID-19, please visit Anoka County Purchasing Current Bids & Proposals for updates.
- Bunker Hills compost & organics recycling drop-off is open (View hours here)
- Rice Creek compost & organics recycling drop-off is open (View hours here)
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open (View hours here)
Seniors | RSVP | Tax Assistance
The Jail lobby of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office, located at 325 East Jackson St., in Anoka, is now open to the public.
- If you have questions or need to speak to detention staff, call 763-324-5100.
- If you have questions or need to speak to detention staff and are outside the Jail, use the intercom on the left side of the doorway.
- Professional Visiting (attorney’s, probation officers etc.) call 763-324-5100.
- We have suspended public fingerprinting at the Jail at this time.
- Visiting is via remote only. Off-site video visiting – one free visit per week, others available @ normal price.
- On-site visits must be non-contact for the duration of the COVID -19 pandemic
- Off-site video visits are an available to professional visitors at no cost.
- The business offices of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office, located at 13301 Hanson Blvd. NW in Andover, are now open to the public. (Effective 5/18/20)
- If you have an emergency, call 911.
- If you need to speak to a deputy, call 763-427-1212.
- If you need to speak to a deputy and are outside the office, use the intercom on the right side of the doorway.
- Other inquiries call 763-324-5000.
- Civil Unit - we can accept your documents via e-mail at [email protected] or Fax-763-324-5070. When using either method, please include a contact phone number as payments will still be required in advance. If using an electronic method of delivery, we will contact you for electronic payment. As always, we can also still accept paperwork via USPS, FedEx or UPS.
- Permits to purchase firearms may be processed in-person, and via mail or email. If you have questions, call 763-324-5022 or visit the permits webpage.
- We are evaluating some of the calls we respond to and how we respond to them. An example would be some very low priority level call such as a non-emergency medical situation. If the involved person has flu like symptoms and if there is no emergency such as difficulty breathing etc. we are only responding if requested to by fire/rescue or ambulance.
- If we receive other low priority calls that can be handled by phone, a deputy will make a phone call to the reporting party and gather report information versus going in person.
- When we do respond to calls for service, deputies are trying to keep appropriate distancing from parties. They are trying to have conversations either outside or in areas large enough to allow for appropriate distance between themselves and the involved parties.
- We are responding to all emergency calls for service.
- Staff is available via phone, email, and other electronic methods to address platting and other survey related items.
- View the website for updated plating procedures.
- Phone: 763-324-3200
Federal law requires all individuals on public transportation to wear a mask.
Visit transitlinktc.org or metromobility.org for the most up-to-date COVID policies.
Changes to Fixed Routes in Anoka County
- Route 801- No change.
- Route 805- Hours have changed to 8:00 a.m. to 6:48 p.m. and is still currently running Monday thru Saturday.
- Route 831- Hours have changed to 8:08 a.m. (instead of 6:00 a.m.) and ends at the same time, 6:40 p.m. and is still currently running Monday thru Friday.
- Buses are being wiped down when possible between runs and disinfected with a fogger each night.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, face coverings will be required on board all Metropolitan Council buses and trains. This applies to Anoka County Transit Link and Fixed Route Buses. Masks are available on buses for customers who are not wearing their own.
- Anoka County Medlink Service have resumed
- Please call the Anoka County Medlink phone number (763) 324 – 3255 for ride requests
Traveler Transit Link
- Anyone can use Transit Link to order groceries and household essentials online from a store that has online shopping and local pick up. Transit Link will pick your order up and deliver to your house. The service is free and no fares for delivery. The four-bag limit remains in effect. Pickups must be at a commercial location. A photo ID will be required at the drop-off. Metro Mobility is also offering this service.
- Transit Link is also offering free delivery of goods from food shelves. You can schedule a pickup through the food shelf.
Transit Hosted Events
- Commute Solutions Transit Tours have been postponed indefinitely.
- Bike to Work Week will still be planned for the second week in June as of now but we will keep participants updated.
- Commuter Choice Awards hosted by Metro Transit are cancelled.
Veteran ServicesOffices are closed to in-person traffic, but please call or reach out with questions.
Phone: (763) 324-4500 – If no answer leave a voicemail so a service officer can respond ASAP.
Fax: (763) 324-1040
Email: [email protected]
COVID-19 Anoka County Business ResourcesAnoka County has consolidated the resources below to help ready and recover your business and workforce from the impacts of COVID-19.
InfoAdvanced Widget: Category XX-CollapsibleFromInfoAdvanced. DO NOT DELETE