Anoka County Library buildings are open with limited hours and capacities. 24/7 return bins are open at all locations except Ramsey On-the-Go and Andover On-the-Go. We will continue to offer a number of virtual services. Please see the updated hours below:
We value our role as a public space where all are welcome, and also recognize that the health and safety of all Anoka County residents and our staff is of critical importance at this time.
We are monitoring the status and risks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) very closely. The health and safety of citizens and employees is a top priority for the county and we are taking measures to prevent the spread of illness throughout all public buildings. In line with MN Department of Health and CDC guidelines, we will institute a number of safety precautions as we reopen library buildings to the public to reduce opportunities for transmission of the virus. We will update this webpage as further information is available.
Safety When We Reopen
As we reopen the Anoka County Library will be implementing new safety guidelines reflecting guidance from Anoka County’s Public Health Department and the Minnesota Department of Health. We know these procedures may result in some changes to the services you use at the library, but we believe they will help keep our staff and communities safe.
- Following the governor's executive order, we require that all staff and visitors wear a mask
- We require that all patrons and staff maintain 6 feet of social distance when using library spaces.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned 3 times per day.
- We are limiting the number of patrons that can be in a building at one time. The limit will vary by location and be posted at the front of each building. You may be asked to wait outside if we are at capacity.
Additional Things to Know
- All in-person programs and events have been suspended until further notice. Check our online event calendar for virtual storytimes, STEM, arts and crafts, cooking, and other programs.
- Librarians are available during our regular business hours via phone and email.
- Meeting rooms and conference rooms are unavailable at this time.
- We have extended expiration dates for any library cards set to expire in 2020
- Non-cardholders can sign up on our website for a library card for access eBooks and audiobooks through the cloudLibrary app https://anok.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/search/registration/$N/SYMWS/true?
- The due dates for items checked out while were closed were set to July 15th. Now that we are open, items fall under our regular 3 week checkout period.
- We are not accepting donations of physical items at this time.
As of July 6th, Columbia Heights Library is open to the public with limited hours and capacity. For more information, visit the Columbia Heights Public Library website or call 763-706-3690.
Accessing Library Resources from Home
We offer many great resources that can be accessed and used from home including:
- Read eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines - visit our eLibrary page for options
- Take online classes for language learning (Transparent Language), arts and crafts (Creativebug), and professional skills (Lynda.com)
- Stream movies through Kanopy
- Conduct business, genealogy, and other research through our online databases
- Contact a librarian through online chat, phone, or email ([email protected])
Learn More about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Learn more about the virus and how you can protect yourself from contracting it at these websites.