Effective 3/17/20, all Anoka County Library locations are closed to the public until further notice.
We value our role as a public space where all are welcome, and also recognize that the health and safety of all Anoka County residents and our staff is of critical importance at this time.
We are monitoring the status and risks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) very closely. The health and safety of citizens and employees is a top priority for the county and we are taking measures to prevent the spread of illness throughout all public buildings. In line with MN Department of Health and CDC guidelines, we have decided to close all library buildings to the public to reduce opportunities for transmission of the virus. We will update this webpage as further information is available.
- All library programs and events have been suspended until further notice
- All meeting room and study room reservations have been canceled through the end of April
- Patrons may continue to place items on hold (up to 30 items at a time), but physical items will not be available for pick up until the buildings are open to the public again
- The due dates for any items that are currently checked out have been extended
- We have extended expiration dates for any library cards set to expire in 2020 so that all cardholders can continue to utilize our services
- Non-cardholders can sign up on our website for a library card for access eBooks and audiobooks through the cloudLibrary app https://anok.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/search/registration/$N/SYMWS/true?
Accessing Library Resources from Home
We offer many great resources that can be accessed and used from home including:
- Read eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines - visit our eLibrary page for options
- Take online classes for language learning (Transparent Language), arts and crafts (Creativebug), and professional skills (Lynda.com)
- Stream movies through Kanopy
- Conduct business, genealogy, and other research through our online databases
- Contact a librarian through online chat, phone, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Anoka County has expanded drop-off sites for paperwork required for a number of services. These services include: License Centers, Economic Assistance, and Property Tax Documents. Three libraries have been chosen as drop-off sites.
Drop Box Locations:
1. North Central Library
17565 Central Ave NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
2. Mississippi Library
410 Mississippi St NE
Fridley, MN 55432
3. Johnsville Library
12461 Oak Park Blvd
Blaine, MN 55434
Learn More about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Learn more about the virus and how you can protect yourself from contracting it at these websites.