All Anoka County Library buildings are closed to the public until further notice, but we are offering virtual services, as well as curbside pickup at our Northtown, Rum River, Johnsville, and Centennial libraries (see details below).
We value our role as a public space where all are welcome, and also recognize that the health and safety of all Anoka County residents and our staff is of critical importance at this time.
We are monitoring the status and risks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) very closely. The health and safety of citizens and employees is a top priority for the county and we are taking measures to prevent the spread of illness throughout all public buildings. In line with MN Department of Health and CDC guidelines, we have decided to close all library buildings to the public to reduce opportunities for transmission of the virus. We will update this webpage as further information is available.
- All in-person programs and events have been suspended until further notice. Check our online event calendar for virtual storytimes, STEM, arts and crafts, cooking, and other programs.
- Librarians are available during our regular business hours via phone and email.
- All meeting room and study room reservations have been canceled
- We have extended expiration dates for any library cards set to expire in 2020
- Non-cardholders can sign up on our website for a library card for access eBooks and audiobooks through the cloudLibrary app https://anok.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/search/registration/$N/SYMWS/true?
- The due dates for any items that are currently checked out have been extended. Items will not come due while the libraries are closed to the public, and patrons will be given additional time after reopening to return their materials.
Curbside services are available at the following locations Monday through Friday. Patrons will be prompted to choose one of these pickup locations when they place a hold online. Patrons should expect longer than usual waiting and processing times due to our limited staffing and extended checkout periods during this time. We also have additional safety precautions in place including a holding period of 3 days between an item’s return and making it available for checkout again. Once your hold is ready for pickup, you will need to call our curbside phone number to make an appointment to pick up your item(s).
Curbside Phone Number: 763-324-1595 (Call for appointments during our regular business hours Monday- Friday.)
711 County Hwy 10
Blaine, MN 55434
|Rum River Library|
4201 6th Ave
Anoka, MN 55303
12461 Oak Park Blvd
Blaine, MN 55434
100 Civic Heights Cir
Circle Pines, MN 55014
Book returns are open at all branches EXCEPT the Mississippi branch. Due dates on items have been extended. There will be no late fees assessed while we are closed to the public. (The Mississippi branch is under construction.)
Curbside Pickup is also available at the Columbia Heights Public Library. For more information, visit the Columbia Heights Public Library website or call 763-706-3690.
Accessing Library Resources from Home
We offer many great resources that can be accessed and used from home including:
- Read eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines - visit our eLibrary page for options
- Take online classes for language learning (Transparent Language), arts and crafts (Creativebug), and professional skills (Lynda.com)
- Stream movies through Kanopy
- Conduct business, genealogy, and other research through our online databases
- Contact a librarian through online chat, phone, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Learn More about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Learn more about the virus and how you can protect yourself from contracting it at these websites.