- Give snowplow drivers room to work and to avoid your vehicle from being hit by flying material
- Do not travel next to a snowplow because they may suddenly move sideways
- Be aware of parking restrictions
We caution residents that it is unlawful to dump snow from private driveways onto the road (Minnesota Statute Chapter 160.2715, Subdivision (a) (1) ). Under civil law, the person dumping snow on the road is liable for any accident that may be caused by it.
Anyone dumping snow onto the highway or shoulder of the highway is hereby advised that it is extremely hazardous for the plowing crew and others because the compact nature of the pile may cause the operator to temporarily lose control of the vehicle.
Mailbox Damage Caused by Snow Removal
Anoka County will replace mailboxes with a standard size mailbox when:
- Hit by snowplowing equipment
- According to Urban Mailbox Installation drawings, the mailbox was installed at the proper height and location or on a swing or pivot support, and was damaged by snow coming off the plow
- Swing away mailbox support (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Sign Placement Policy
The placement of privately owned signs on County property is prohibited. Signs placed on County property in violation of this policy will be removed and disposed of by Anoka County personnel without notice. For information about location of the County Right of Way, please follow the link below, or call 763-324-3100.