Welcome to the Anoka County Highway Department!
It is our vision to enhance and protect life by providing safe roads and eliminating traffic congestion.
Our Passion is Your Safe Way Home
Learn more about the Highway Department's mission, vision, and values (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
Highway 65 Online Engagement
Our Hwy 65 online engagement is now live! Take a look and tell us your input before Wed, Oct. 16: http://highway65studyonlinemeeting.com/
Share this information
We encourage you to share our online engagement with family, friends, neighbors and others who live nearby or travel this corridor. Whether by social media, email or in conversation, this referral will help broaden the valuable input we receive from the community.
RCI J Turn - CSAH 22 and TH 65
A new tutorial on how to use the new signalized reduced conflict intersection (RCI) on TH 65 in East Bethel was just posted. It briefly guides the viewer through the signal from the driver’s perspective, from both roads. The video can be found here:
2019 Anoka County Construction and Preservation Program
To see current, updated project information, please see the Construction Weekly page. You can subscribe to email notification of these updates by using our Notify Me list.
MnDOT cameras show current conditions on major county roads. Still images refresh every 5 seconds. Use controls to see slideshow of all cameras, pause on one camera, or select from a list of cameras. View all cameras.
At the Anoka County Highway Department, it is our vision to enhance and protect life by providing safe roads and eliminating traffic congestion. Our passion is your safe way home.
The Anoka County Highway Department is responsible for the county highway system that includes 423 miles of road, 55 bridges, and 190 traffic signals. The Highway Department is divided into the following sections:
- Road Maintenance - plows, paves and patches, and removes debris from all county roads
- Fleet Maintenance - maintains all vehicles for the Highway Department and Sheriff’s Office
- Engineering - designs and provides construction administration of highway improvement projects including: overlays, crack sealing, and seal coating
- Traffic - designs, operates, and maintains the county's traffic signal system, conducting traffic studies and accident analysis, issuing permits, and coordinating the Adopt-A-Highway Program
- Signal Service - enhances our highway system by implementing traffic control technology to minimize delays and maximize safety
- Sign Service - provides highway users with effective guidance through the ongoing installation, repair, and maintenance of traffic control devices
- Administration - provides support and direction for all highway services
- Planning - directs and facilitates mid and long range planning of transportation projects to meet public needs