The License and Passport centers will be holding a food drive again this year! Our locations will be accepting nonperishable food items along with cash donations. All proceeds will go to the Anoka County Brotherhood Council keeping your donations local! Read on...
License Centers will be closed on Monday, November 12th in observance of Veterans Day. Please expect higher than average wait times on Friday, November 9th and Tuesday, November 13th. Thank you for your patience.
All five Anoka County License Centers are able to handle each of your Identification Card transactions. Transaction types include: obtaining an ID for the first time, renewing, updating the address or name or replacing a lost or stolen card.
Anoka County is currently Not processing the Enhanced Identification Card. Please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website for more information.
How To Obtain an ID for the First Time
You will need to provide two separate forms of proper identification for your initial application. Please use this Identification Requirements chart to determine what two forms of identification you will need to provide.
Once you have completed the application, you will need to pay the appropriate fee and your photo and signature will be captured for display on the new Identification card.
Renewing your Identification Card
If your identification card is expired or expiring soon, you can renew your Minnesota Identification Card in person at any of our five Anoka County License Centers.
How to Renew your Identification Card
- Complete an application that is located in the lobby of each License Center
- Present current Identification Card for invalidation
- Pay applicable renewal fee (see below)
- Picture and signature is captured
- Receive temporary papers while the new card is mailed to you.
Replacement, Address Change or Name Change
Duplicates are issued to replace a lost or stolen ID card, or for address and name changes. The current ID must be valid for a period exceeding 90 days to receive a duplicate ID. If there are changes in address or name, proper identification must be presented.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Identification Card
- In all cases you must bring your current or recently expired Identification Card.
- Proof of address is not needed for Address Change on ID Cards
- If you are changing your name, you must provide us with a certified copy of the name change document (i.e. Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, etc.).
- For a replacement ID Card, the Identification Card photo on file is used to verify identity. If identify cannot be verified, additional identification may be needed.
The Identification Card application form is available in the lobby of all five Anoka County License Centers.
- Renewal/First Time (Under age 65) - $20.25
- Renewal/First Time (Age 65 and older) - $16.50
- Replacement - $15.75
- Reduced Fee (if appropriate application is completed) - $0.50