The first Branch Library in the City of Coon Rapids was established in 1958 in a rented building on Coon Rapids Boulevard (then U.S Highway 10). In 1973, Anoka County Library purchased the Gethsemane Baptist Church building, now the Crooked Lake Library. The building was remodeled in 1986, increasing in size to its current 10,500 square feet. Today, the library features a Play and Learn space and offers reading materials, classes and events, a community meeting room, Wi-Fi, wireless printing, and public computers.
Popular reading and information for all ages
Storytimes offered regularly
Meeting room available
Free Internet access, Wi-Fi, and office applications
The meeting room at the Crooked Lake Library can hold 30 people and has six tables, wireless Internet access, and a whiteboard.