Transient Merchant License

Minnesota Statute 329.11 requires that any out-of-state business coming into Anoka County to sell goods or services must purchase a Transient Merchant License. The license is valid for one year, only at the place indicated on the original application.

How To Obtain
  • Fill out the Transient Merchant License application form and the Certification of Compliance form.
  • The application form must also be signed by a Notary Public, a service available at the Government Center Vital Statistics office.
  • Submit the form in person, with required fee, to the Government Center Vital Statistics office in person or via mail.
Required Forms
Required Identification
  • Notarization requires a Driver's License or State Identification Card.

Required Fees

  •  The license fee is $150.00

Contact Us

  1. Anoka County Government Center

    Vital Statistics
    2100 Third Ave.
    Anoka, MN 55303
    Contact Us

    Ph:  763-324-1360
    Fx:  763-324-1010


    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  1. Forms of Payment Accepted

    The Anoka County Vital Statistics Office accepts cash, check, and credit card (VISA and MasterCard.)