Filling Out Forms

Whether you apply online or use the paper form, both applicants will need to provide the following information:

  • Full legal names
  • Address and state of residence
  • Date of birth
  • Information about any previous marriages
  • If one or both of you are minors, contact the Juvenile Court to schedule an appointment with a judge. The phone number is 763-760-6565
  • Full names of the parties after marriage
  • Your Social Security numbers
  • Information about any felony convictions on or after August 1, 2000
  • Your mailing address after marriage (where the marriage certificate will be sent)

You may want to use the paper form to help you collect and organize your information.

If you use the online form you must complete it in one session, you cannot save your work and return to it later.