Marriage Licenses

You can apply for a marriage license in any Minnesota county, regardless of where you live.

Your wedding ceremony can take place anywhere in the state, but it must happen within 6 months after you receive the license.

If an applicant is 16 or 17 years old they may, with the consent of the person's legal custodial parents or guardian and the court, receive a license to marry. A special consent form is required at the time of application. This form can be obtained after a consent hearing that is scheduled through Juvenile Courts at 763-760-6565 for Anoka County. If the minor applicant is from another county, they must go to the Juvenile Courts of the county that they reside. The completed consent form must be presented with payment in order for the application to be accepted.