Public Health Recognition Awards
The Anoka County Board of Commissioners would like to recognize individuals and/or groups (youth and adults) who have made contributions to public health in their communities.
Nominate someone you know for an Anoka County Public Health Award
These awards recognize and honor citizens in Anoka County who devote their time, energy, and talents to improving public health in their communities.
There are four award categories:
- Youth Individual
- Youth Group
- Adult Individual
- Adult Group
Instructions for Nominations
The Anoka County Board of Commissioners would like to recognize and honor citizens in Anoka County who devote their time, energy, and talents to improving public health in their communities. Awards are presented during April 2019, Public Health Month, at a scheduled meeting of the Anoka County Board of Commissioners.
- Youth-Focused: Individual/Group – an individual 18 years or younger at time of nomination, or an organization that is youth led.
- Adult: Individual/Group – an individual 18 years or older at time of nomination, or a group (partnerships, community coalitions, organizations, etc.)
All nominations will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Leadership – Nominee has demonstrated leadership abilities through work and service.
- Community Health Improvement – Nominee demonstrates success in creating solutions to public health problems and has contributed to making improvements in the health status of the community.
- Collaboration – Nominee promotes collaboration and cooperation among individuals, organizations, and agencies.
- Advocacy – Nominee has been involved in promoting health and healthy behaviors, and/or protecting the health and safety of County citizens.
- Nomination forms may be completed for either an individual or group. More than one nomination may be submitted for each category.
- Nominations should be no more than two typewritten pages. Two attachments may accompany the nomination form (reference letters, newspaper articles, etc.). Photographs that show individual or group involvement and achievements can be used.
- Nominations must describe the public health contributions made in the previous two years and describe the improvements made on the selected public health issue.
- If the nomination is for work-related responsibilities, please clarify any additional activities or collaborations within Anoka County that resulted.
- Nominations and attachments become the property of Anoka County Public Health & Environmental Services
Nominations must be submitted by January 31, 2019:
Public Health & Environmental Services Department
Attn: Susan Wall
Anoka County Government Center
2100 3rd Avenue, Suite 600 Anoka, MN 55303-5041
Public Health Awards PDF Form (Printable)
2018 Public Health Award Recipients
- Youth First Community of Promise
- Allina Health EMS Ambulance Redesign Team
- Molly Nhean
- School-based Mental Health Partnership
2017 Public Health Award Recipients
- Community Dental Care
- Rich and Melody Lentsch, Martin Lakers Association
2016 Public Health Award Recipients
- Leah Sams
- Joe Grafft
- Northwest Metro Healthy Student Partnership
- Chemical Health Initiative Partnership