Public Health & Environment Awards
The Anoka County Board of Commissioners would like to recognize individuals and/or groups who have made contributions to improve public health and/or the environment in their communities.
Nominate someone you know for an Anoka County Public Health & Environment Award
These awards recognize those who have demonstrated success in creating solutions to public health and/or environmental issues and have contributed to making improvements in the health status of the community.
There are two award categories:
Instructions for Nominations
The Anoka County Board of Commissioners would like to recognize and honor citizens in Anoka County who devote their time, energy, and talents to improving public health and/or the environment in their communities. Awards are presented during April 2020, Public Health Month, at a scheduled meeting of the Anoka County Board of Commissioners.
- Individual - an individual of any age
- Group – a group (partnerships, community coalitions, organizations, etc.)
All nominations will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Leadership – Nominee has demonstrated leadership abilities through work and service.
- Community & Environment Health Improvement – Nominee demonstrates success in creating solutions to public health issues, and/or the environment through recycling and waste reduction, and has contributed to making improvements in the health status of the community.
- Collaboration – Nominee promotes collaboration and cooperation among individuals, organizations, and agencies.
- Advocacy – Nominee has been involved in promoting health and healthy behaviors, environmental health, and/or protecting the health and safety of County citizens.
- Nomination forms may be completed for either an individual or group. More than one nomination may be submitted for each category.
- Nominations should be no more than two typewritten pages. Two attachments may accompany the nomination form (reference letters, newspaper articles, etc.). Photographs that show individual or group involvement and achievements can be used.
- Nominations must describe the public health and/or environmental contributions made in the previous two years and describe the improvements made on the selected public health and/or environmental issue.
- If the nomination is for work-related responsibilities, please clarify any additional activities or collaborations within Anoka County that resulted.
- Nominations and attachments become the property of Anoka County Public Health & Environmental Services
Nominations must be submitted by January 31, 2020:
Public Health & Environmental Services Department
Attn: Susan Wall
Anoka County Government Center
2100 3rd Avenue, Suite 600
Anoka, MN 55303-5041
2019 Public Health Award Recipients
Just Move It Wellness Committee
2018 Public Health Award Recipients
- Youth First Community of Promise
- Allina Health EMS Ambulance Redesign Team
- Molly Nhean
- School-based Mental Health Partnership
2017 Public Health Award Recipients
- Community Dental Care
- Rich and Melody Lentsch, Martin Lakers Association