Anoka County residents can vote in advance of election day by casting an absentee ballot:
In-Person Absentee Voting
Follow the link above for more information regarding in-person absentee voting.
Absentee Voting by Mail
Ways to Apply
- Online (not available during odd year elections)
- Print and return paper application
- Request a paper application to be sent to you by mail
Returning Paper Applications
- Email: send to [email protected] Opens a New Window.
- Mail: Anoka County Elections, 2100 3rd Avenue, Suite W130, Anoka, MN 55303
- Fax: 763-324-1160
2019 Absentee Dates & Deadlines
All absentee voting by mail or in-person starts 46 days before each election. The absentee periods for the 2019 elections are as follows:
Ramsey Special Election - Tuesday, August 13
- June 28 - August 12
Municipal & School District Elections - Tuesday, November 5
- September 22 - November 4
Applications returned before the start of the absentee period will have their ballots sent out on the first day of the absentee period. After the start of the absentee period, ballots will be mailed out as soon as applications are received, typically within one business day.
- Absentee ballots returned by mail must arrive by 8 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
- Voters may also drop off their own voted absentee ballot (or through an agent) in person to the County. Ballots must be dropped of by 3 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.
- Within the last 7 days prior to the election, voters in special situations can use the agent delivery process to vote absentee. You can find more information on that process online.