Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

News alert for families with children:

The Coronavirus continues to impact our communities in many ways. If you need assistance with food, there are opportunities to get the nutritious food your family needs to stay healthy.

If you have children and were receiving SNAP or MFIP as of March 18, 2020, you will receive an automatic benefit on your EBT card. If you weren’t receiving SNAP or MFIP but your child was receiving free or reduced lunch, you can apply for P-EBT to help buy food for your family:

Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food support, is an electronic benefit used like money to buy food. SNAP benefits are for qualifying single people and families with or without children. The benefit amount is based on income and certain expenses and the number of people in the household. Applications are available by contacting:

  • Anoka County Government Center - For adults with no children under the age of 18, or children that are 18 and not full-time high school students call 763-422-7200.
    • For calls outside of the Metro Area call 1-844-774-3455.
  • Anoka County Human Service Center - For families with children under the age of 18, or children that are 18 and full-time high school students call 763-422-7200.
    • For calls outside of the Metro Area call 1-844-774-3455.

How to Apply

  • Apply Online
    • Apply online at Apply MN website.
    • Available to new applicants as well as those with active cases interested in applying for additional programs.
  • Paper Applications
    • Call the EZ Info line at 763-422-7200 to request an application by mail or fax.
    • Print online at eDocs Online
    • Fax, mail, or drop off the paper application at any Economic Assistance location in Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, or Lexington.
  • Apply in Person During Intake Hours
    • Intake Hours: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM, Monday through Friday, except holidays or otherwise posted
    • You must be a new applicant without an active case. If you are open on a case, contact your worker to set up an interview.
    • Families with minor children apply at the Blaine Human Services Center.
    • Adults with no minor children apply at the Anoka County Government Center.
    • Non-citizens apply at the Blaine Human Services Center.

For more information, go to the Department of Human Services website.EBT 

Did you know you can use your EBT card to shop for groceries online?

Click on the link to the right to see the flyer.            Online Shopping Flyer

Public Notification of USDA’s Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) online and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
              Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
              1400 Independence Avenue, SW
              Washington, D.C. 20520-9410

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email Program Intake

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

View this printer-friendly version of this non-discrimination statement.