Economic Assistance (EA) provides programs and quality services that support dignity and self-sufficiency.
PLEASE NOTE: ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE OFFICE CLOSURES
EFFECTIVE at 12 noon, Tuesday March 17, 2020, Anoka County closed all its public facing services until March 30 in response to the increase in coronavirus cases. This closure has been extended to May 18, 2020. This includes all Economic Assistance public facing offices, Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights and Lexington. We are suspending in- person interviews and intakes until after May 18, 2020. You may apply online as directed below. You may also call our EZ info line at 763-422-7200 to request an application to be mailed to you. Your application will be processed and interviews will be conducted via phone.
Document Drop Off Locations (Effective April 10)
Anoka County is now accepting a variety of paperwork at three county locations and only vehicle tab renewals at two others. The locations accepting paperwork including vehicle tab renewals, property tax documents, child support and economic assistance applications, and reporting forms are:
- Anoka County Government Center, 2100 3rd Ave., Anoka
- Blaine Human Service Center, 89th Ave. NE
- City Hall, Ramsey, 7550 Sunwood Dr. NW (Use drive-thru behind building on Veterans Drive)
Paperwork that CANNOT be accepted at drop boxes are documents related to legal service, litigation, or court matters. If your child support, economic assistance (EA), or property tax paperwork involves a petition or claim to the Anoka County Attorney, those documents MUST be served on the County Attorney. Please see your child support/EA paperwork for service by mail directions regarding legal proceedings. Questions about legal documents can be directed to the County Attorney’s Office: 763-324-5550.
Where to Get Help
- Call the EZ Info Line at 763-422-7200 for information about programs and how to apply. If you call during office hours, you can also use the EZ info line to request an application or speak to a customer service representative. If you want to apply online, please go to ApplyMN.dhs.mn.gov. We are suspending in person applications and interviews until after March 30. All interviews will be conducted via phone
- Minnesota Child Support Online - For those already participating in child support, the State of Minnesota has a secure interactive web site with direct access to case information. MN Child Support Online
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Fraud Hotline - 651-431-3968 or toll-free 800-627-9977.
Learn about all of the cash assistance programs available for families in the community.
Learn about child support services.
View available Emergency Assistant Programs.
Get information about funeral funds.
See information about available medical programs.
Obtain information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.