Frequently Asked Questions
The State of Minnesota is getting a system upgrade for Motor Vehicle and Driver's License transactions. The upgrade is taking place 11/12-11/15. During this time, we will be unable to process any transactions. We will reopen Monday 11/16/2020.
- What do I need to renew my registration stickers?
- Can I renew the registration of a vehicle that I am not the owner of?
- How can I replace my lost/stolen/destroyed registration stickers or plates?
- How do I process my Minnesota title transfer?
- How do I transfer a title from another state into my name?
- Can I use my Credit Card to pay for my Passport?
- Is my Passport Real ID compliant?
- Do I need to make an appointment to apply for a Passport?
- Can I submit my DS-82 (renew by mail) application at your office?
- Can I apply online?
- Will I need my Social Security Card or Social Security Number when I apply for a Passport?
- Can I get an Enhanced Driver's License at the Passport Center?
- What forms of identification can I provide with my Passport Application?
- Will the Passport Center take my Passport Photo?
- How long does it take to receive my Passport?
- Can I use a photocopy of my Birth Certificate for proof of U.S. citizenship for my Passport Application?
- What type of U.S. Citizenship will I need to provide with my Passport Application?
- Are minor children required to be present when processing their Passport Applications?
- Can I expedite the processing time of my Passport Application?
- What is the difference between a Passport Book and Passport Card?
- Are both parents required to be present when applying for a minor child's Passport?