Frequently Asked Questions
License Centers will be closed on Monday, January 20th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Please expect higher than average wait times on Friday, January 17th and Tuesday, January 21st. Thank you for your patience.
- What do I need to renew my registration stickers?
- Can I renew the registration of a vehicle that I am not the owner of?
- How can I replace my lost/stolen/destroyed registration stickers or plates?
- How do I process my Minnesota title transfer?
- How do I transfer a title from another state into my name?
- Can I use my Credit Card to pay for my Passport?
- Is my Passport Real ID compliant?
- Do I need to make an appointment to apply for a Passport?
- Can I submit my DS-82 (renew by mail) application at your office?
- Can I apply online?
- Will I need my Social Security Card or Social Security Number when I apply for a Passport?
- Can I get an Enhanced Driver's License at the Passport Center?
- What forms of identification can I provide with my Passport Application?
- Will the Passport Center take my Passport Photo?
- How long does it take to receive my Passport?
- Can I use a photocopy of my Birth Certificate for proof of U.S. citizenship for my Passport Application?
- What type of U.S. Citizenship will I need to provide with my Passport Application?
- Are minor children required to be present when processing their Passport Applications?
- Can I expedite the processing time of my Passport Application?
- What is the difference between a Passport Book and Passport Card?
- Are both parents required to be present when applying for a minor child's Passport?