Emergency & Accessibility Home Loan
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and to protect our customers and employees, Anoka County closed all its public-facing services, with the exception of the Sheriff’s Office, effective March 17 to March 30, 2020.
Even though face-to-face visits have been eliminated, county employees will still be available to help via email, phone and virtual visits. NO APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
The Emergency and Accessibility loan program provides deferred loan financing to income-eligible homeowners needing to address emergency conditions in the home or essential accessibility improvements for a disabled household resident. To determine if a repair or condition qualifies for the emergency loan, call 763-324-4605.
Maximum loan amount is $15,000 and is for properties taxed as real estate. The loan is forgiven after the Borrower remains a primary resident in the home for 15 years (loan terms may vary for manufactured homes). If the borrower sells, transfers title, or ceases to occupy the property as his/her principal residence during the loan term, the loan will become due and payable.
Properties must be owner-occupied, located in Anoka County, and must be one of the following:
- Single family detached home
- Duplex in which the Borrower occupies at least one unit
- Condominium unit or townhome (only the portion of real estate owned by the Borrower is eligible for financing under RLP - common areas owned by the association are not eligible)
- Certain mobile/manufactured homes
Borrowers must meet the income limits. Gross annual projected household income of all residents age 18 and over of the Borrower’s household may not exceed the income limits below:
2019 Household Size Income Limits (effective May 2019)
Borrowers must have owned the property and resided in the property as his/her principal residence for at least 6 months. Borrowers must apply to Anoka County Community Development Department.
Application & Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet - Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency and Accessibility Loan Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.