Licensing and Inspection

Anoka County Community Health and Environmental Services licenses and inspects hotels, motels, lodging houses, board and lodging facilities, and bed and breakfasts located in the county. The regulations for lodging establishments are outlined Ordinance #99-1 and #2009-2 Licensing Ordinance for Food and Lodging Establishments.

Apply for a License 

  • Call 763-422-7063 to speak with a department representative and receive an application.
  • Submit the application and applicable license fee to the department.
  • If opening a new lodging establishment, additional information is required. Submit a complete set of plans 30 days before construction begins. A completed Lodging Plan Review Application and the required license fee must be submitted.
  • If purchasing an existing lodging establishment, a compliance inspection must be conducted prior to the closing date of the sale. Lodging establishment licenses are not transferable to person or place. A new license must be obtained before operation of the establishment begins. 

GRH Funding

Interested in receiving GRH Funding? Please contact Anoka County Social Services at 763-422-7000 for the proper documents and explanation of the process to receive the funding.