Dislocated Worker Program
The Dislocated Worker Program offers services at no cost to assist job seekers who have been laid off from their job return to the workforce as quickly as possible! Services are tailored to address each individual's specific needs. You may be eligible for this program if you are out of work through no fault of your own and eligible for or have exhausted Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
- Individual Vocational Counseling
- Assessment of your current skills and interests
- Access to on-the-job (OJT) training programs
- Financial assistance for classroom training that supports your job goal
- Reimbursement of travel costs for approved job search activities
- Assistance in learning up-to-date job search methods
- Workshops to assist with job search, resume writing, and interviewing- Calendar
- Referrals for training to improve your reading and math skills
Please print the application and mail it or drop it off at:
Anoka County Job Training Center
1201 89th Avenue NE Suite 235
Blaine, MN 55434
If you have any questions please call 763-324-2284 to speak with a staff person.
- Job Transition Network every Tuesday from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at CareerForce in Blaine
- On-the-job (OJT) training sessions are scheduled for the 2nd Monday of each month in Room 204 at 11:00 a.m. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
“I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, never having been through something like this before. I was feeling pretty scattered. I appreciate that you had taken time to prepare for our meeting together, had some good suggestions to keep me on track, and mostly that you made me feel like a real person rather than just another unemployed statistic coming through your door.
-An email from a new dislocated worker after their first appointment with their counselor
“Without my vocational counselor and the Dislocated Worker program’s support, services, and funding I would not be where I am today. Not only did my counselor guide me to appropriate training and help me be a more effective job seeker, she also supported me on a personal level. Knowing she was there for me and her willingness to go above and beyond her job responsibilities to help and encourage me meant the world to me and made a huge difference during a stressful and challenging time.”
-Christine, Former Dislocated Worker Customer
“I wanted to thank you for all you do in supporting us searching for employment. As you know in the course of these 14 months, it gets more difficult psychologically- frustration sets in, but your calm encouraging demeanor is not judgmental and urges us on. Thanks for that, thanks for everything.”
-Thank you card to their Dislocated Worker Counselor