Address/Name Change

  1. Anoka County License Centers Closed 11/12 & 11/13 Due to Statewide System Upgrade

    The State of Minnesota is getting a system upgrade for Motor Vehicle and Driver's License transactions. The upgrade is taking place 11/12-11/15. During this time, we will be unable to process any transactions. We will reopen Monday 11/16/2020.
View All

If you have moved to a new address and/or have legally changed your name through marriage, divorce, citizenship, etc. you may apply for an updated drivers license at any one of our locations. Minnesota law requires that you apply for a new driver’s license within 30 days of changing your address or name.

Required Forms

Applications are available online and in the lobby at all five Anoka County License Centers.

Address Change

If you have recently moved to a new residence, you can update the address on your driver’s license at any of our five locations. You do not need to provide us with proof of address if you have a Standard Driver’s License or ID. If you have a Real ID or Enhanced* Driver’s License or ID, you must submit two proofs of your current residential address. The accepted proof documents can be found under List C, here.

Name Change

If you have recently gone through a legal name change, you are able to update the name on your driver’s license/identification card at any of our five locations. During the process, a new photo and signature will taken for use on your new card. You must change your name on your social security card first before doing anything with your license or identification card. Click here for more information.

Required Identification

  • Current Minnesota Driver’s License/ID card
  • Certified name change document (Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, etc...)

*Due to EDL processing times, we only accept these applications 30 minutes after opening to 90 minutes before we close.