- Est. Market Value - property value
as determined by the County Assessor to be what the property would
most likely sell for on the open market.
- Homestead Market Value Exclusion –
Applies to residential homesteads and to the house, garage, and one
acre of land on agricultural homesteads. The exclusion is a maximum
of $30,400 at $76,000 of market value, and then decreases by nine
percent for value over $76,000. The exclusion phases out for
properties valued at $413,800 or more.
- Taxable Market Value – property
value for the tax year reduced by applicable limitations,
- Property Class – the statutory
property classification that has been assigned to your property
based on its use.
- PIN – property identification
- M-1PR – The State of Minnesota
provides two types of property tax refunds. For more information, go
to the Minnesota Department of Revenue Web site.
- Agricultural Preserve – credit
applied to metropolitan properties in long-term agricultural use if
qualified for this program.
- County/Municipal Public Safety System
– an ad valorem tax first imposed in 2003 to improve technology
County-wide in order to enhance public safety.
- Voter Approved Levies – levies
resulting from referenda passed in specific taxing districts.
- Other Local Levies – levies
resulting from budgeting requirements in specific taxing districts.
- Other Special Taxing Districts – Includes Housing and Redevelopment Authorities
(HRA), Port Authorities, hospital districts and water
management districts. Not all areas have each of these districts.
- Special Assessments – charges to
benefiting property owners for city/township provided improvements
such as road paving, sewer installation, etc.
- Solid Waste Management Charge – A
charge levied against all improved County properties, revenues from
which are used to protect our public health, land, air and water
through waste-to-energy conversion, extensive recycling efforts,
household hazardous waste collection, yard waste composting, public
information and waste reduction.
- Contamination Tax – a tax placed
on parcels where the State has determined the ground is
contaminated, revenues from which are used for decontamination.
page last updated -