Road Construction Projects
- Foley Boulevard (CSAH 11) Reconstruction, from Egret to Northdale (CSAH 12)
- Main Street (CSAH 14) from 215 East of 7th Avenue (CSAH 7) to 350 feet of Wedgewood Drive
- Hanson Boulevard (CSAH 78) Railway Grade Separation Project
- Lake Drive (CSAH 23) Access Management Project - between Pascal Avenue and Village Parkway
- Lake Drive (CSAH 23) Roundabout Construction
- Main Street (CSAH 14) Rehabilitation Project - between Opal Street and 4th Avenue
Road Design Projects
- Broadway Avenue (CSAH 18) Shoulder and Turn Lane Construction - between Potomac St and Kettle River Boulevard
- CSAH 13 (Cedar Drive NW) Bridge Replacement Project
- Freeway Drive West (CSAH 54) Realignment
- Hanson Boulevard (CSAH 78) Reconstruction Project - Jay St/139th Avenue to CSAH 18 /Crosstown Boulevard
- Hanson Boulevard (CSAH 78) Reconstruction Project - Northdale Boulevard to Main Street
- Lexington Avenue (CSAH 17) and Broadway Avenue (CSAH 18) Intersection Improvement Project
- Foley Boulevard (CSAH 11) - BNSF Railway Grade Separation
2018 Anoka County Overlay Projects
Over the course of the 2018 construction season, Anoka County will be overlaying several highways with new pavement. Before this occurs, crews will be doing pre-construction work, such as tree clearing and grubbing. Weekly updates of the overlay program can be found on the Construction Weekly page. 2018 Construction Brochure
2018 Pipe Replacement Schedule
Current Construction and Detours Map
View the Construction and Detours Map to access this interactive tool and find information about road construction projects, roadway and intersection closures, detour maps, road maintenance, and more.
Roadwork Projects in Anoka County by Other Agencies
Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)
Are you traveling this weekend? For current information on weekend traffic impacts, go to: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/weekendtrafficimpacts/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=
Hornsby Street - Eureka Avenue Road Closure
In conjunction with MnDOT’s I-35 Design/Build Project and work on Trunk Highway 97, and the upcoming (2019) Hornsby Street Realignment project, the City of Columbus closed Hornsby Street from TH-97 to the Columbus/Forest Lake city border on May 21, 2018. The road will remained closed until the completion of the aforementioned projects which are anticipated to be finished by late fall/early winter of 2019. Access from the north on Eureka Avenue will remain open past the boat landing all the way to the Columbus/Forest Lake city border, where an existing driveway is located should vehicles venture that far and need to make a T turn-around. Please refer to the attached Hornsby Street Exhibit for the location of the proposed road signage for the closure.
Highway 65 segments in East Bethel, Isanti and Edgewood reduced to single lane, beginning March 26.
For more information, go to:
University Avenue Resurfacing and Signals and Sidewalk Ramp Projects
You can sign up for general email updates here: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MNDOT/subscriber/new?topic_id=MNDOT_396
All MnDOT projects can be found at:
MnDOT Traffic & Road Conditions Information
Use caution and drive safely. If possible, use alternate routes. Remember, as you travel through a work zone reduce your speed, adjust your lane position away from workers, and prepare for the unexpected. Allow extra time for your trip or, if possible, use an alternate route. Projects may cause some inconvenience, but the benefits will be a safer and more efficient roadway system. Watch for road signs and articles in local newspapers to keep you informed. Your patience and cooperation is sincerely appreciated.