-The LOMA-OAS application method is for those properties whose structure is completely out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). You can verify whether your structure is in or out of the SFHA by creating the FIRMette map below. If the structure on your property maybe touching or is within the SFHA, do not use these instructions.
-The following documents must be submitted for a LOMA-OAS to be reviewed by FEMA: 1. FIRMette Map 2. Property Site Map With LiDAR Contours
3. Copy of the Plat (or Deed) 4. Completed LOMA MT-EZ form
5. Copy of the State of MN LiDAR Certification Form
Go to FEMA’s NFHL FIRMette mapping application (Link to FEMA Web Map) and input your address in the search box. Once the map zooms to your property, confirm that your structure is completely out of the flood zone. Choose the pushpin tool under the NFHL Print screen and place a marker pin on your structure. Click “Execute” and a map PDF will be generated. Open this map and then save it to your computer and print two copies. This map is called a FIRMette and will be submitted with your LOMA application.
2. Property Site Map
Anoka County has created an interactive GIS website called the Anoka County Floodplain Mapper (ACFM) to enable residents to create property site maps and assist with filling out the LOMA MT-EZ form. You can also use this site to determine if your structure is in or out of the flood zone as the aerial photos are much clearer than those on the FEMA FIRMette website. Any reference to “ACFM” in the documentation below is referring to this website.
Open the ACFM website and enter your address in the address search window (note: only enter your street address, not the city, state or zip) and click “Search.” Click on the returned address match to zoom to the property. Click the printer icon at the top of the screen. When the print dialog screen opens, enter your full address, the property owner name and “NA LOMA-OAS” and then click “Print.”
The resulting map can be printed and/or downloaded and saved as PDF. This is the property site map you should submit with your LOMA application. Keep the ACFM website open as you can use it to help fill out the LOMA MT-EZ form in step three and in step four.
3. Print A Copy of Your Plat
Open the ACFM website and enter your address in the address (note: only enter your street address, not the city, state or zip) search window and click “Search.” Click on the returned address match to zoom to the property. In the "LOMA Information" box, click the "Click Here For A Copy of The Plat" and it will open a PDF of your plat in a separate screen. The plat can be printed and/or downloaded and saved as a PDF. This is the plat you should submit with your LOMA application. Note: If your property is not platted, you will need to obtain the deed from your city or Anoka County Property Tax.
4. Completed LOMA MT-EZ Form
The blank LOMA MT-EZ form can be downloaded here.
All of the information needed for an "Out as Shown" scenario can be obtained through the ACFM website. After inputting your address in the ACFM website, click on the returned address match to zoom to your property. The "LOMA Information" box below will display information you will need to fill out the MT-EZ form.
LOMA MT-EZ OAS Step-by-Step Instructions
Write "OAS" after LOMA to indicate to FEMA that this is an "Out as Shown" application.
1. Assuming you have not added fill to your property to raise ground that previously below the base flood elevation, check the "No" box. If fill has been placed below the BFE after the date the property was first shown to be in the SFHA, you cannot apply for a LOMA. You will need to apply for a Letter of Map Revision based on Fill (LOMR-F).
2. Write the legal description and address of your property in this section. The legal description can be obtained from line 1 of the "LOMA Information" box that appears after you input your address on the AFCM website.
3. Check the "A structure on your property?" box and write NA LOMA-OAS since the data of construction is irrelevant.
4. Fill out the property owner information in last box in section A and sign and date the form.
Write "OAS" after "Structure located on natural grade" and "Legally recorded parcel of land, or portion thereof."
1. PROPERTY INFORMATION - Provide the parcel identification number of your property in this section. This can be obtained from line 2 of the "LOMA Information" box that appears after you input your address on the AFCM website.
2. STRUCTURE INFORMATION - Provide the address of the building or buildings on the property and write "NA LOMA-OAS" after "What is the type of construction?"
3. GEOGRAPHIC COORDINATE DATA - Check the "NAD83" box for both sections. The latitude (Lat) and longitude (Long) coordinates can be obtained from the ACFM website. While zoomed into your property on the ACFM website, move the cursor around the map and notice that the Lat and Long in the upper right corner change. This will tell you the exact Lat/Long of the tip of your mouse cursor.
The "structure" section asks for the most upstream edge of the structure. If your structure is on a ditch, stream or river then use the most upstream corner. If it is on a lake or wetland then use the corner closest to the water. Place the cursor on the structure's corner and copy the Lat and Long coordinates to the structure portion of section 3.
The "property" section asks for the most upstream edge of the property. If your property is on a ditch, stream or river then use the most upstream corner. If it is on a lake or wetland then use the corner closest to the water. Place the cursor on the propert corner and copy the Lat and Long coordinates to the property portion of section 3.
4. FLOOD INSURANCE RATE MAP (FIRM) INFORMATION - The NFIP Community Number and Map Panel Number can be obtained from lines 3 and 4, respectively, of the "LOMA Information" box that appears after you input your address on the ACFM website. Write "NA LOMA-OAS" in the "Base Flood Elevation" and "Source of BFE" sections.
5. ELEVATION INFORMATION (SURVEY REQUIRED) - Because this is an "Out as Shown" LOMA, no elevation information is required. The maps will show the structure is out of the flood zone. Leave the "Certifier's Name" section blank, cross out the elevation portions and write "NA LOMA-OAS."
In the final section, check the boxes shown below. If your property is not platted and you are submitting a deed, check the third box instead of the second box.
4. State of MN LiDAR Certification Letter
A copy of the LiDAR certification letter can be downloaded here and should be included in your LOMA application packet.
You can mail hard copies of the FIRMette, property site map, plat and completed MT-EZ form to:
847 South Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304-4605
Attn: LOMA Manager