Driver's License & Identification Card Services

The Anoka County License Centers strive to offer a complete set of services to our customers. Among these services are Driver's License, Identification Card and Instruction Permits transactions. While we are not able to handle knowledge and road exams or reinstatement of revoked/suspended Driver's Licenses, we are able to handle virtually every other need that may arise with your Driver's License, Identification Card or Instruction Permit.

Below is a list of services that we offer, please follow any link to learn more about each topic.

Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)

Currently, Anoka County is Not processing Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDL) or Enhanced Identification Cards (EID). The EDL/EID allows Minnesota residents to re-enter the U.S. at its land or seaports when returning from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or the Caribbean, in addition to normal driving privileges. Border-crossing guards can use the EDL/EID to verify your identity and citizenship. EDL/EID cards are among the federally-approved border-crossing documents required under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). An EDL is also available to a Minnesota driver who qualifies for a commercial driver license (CDL). For more information or to learn how to obtain an EDL/EID, please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services page.