First Time Home Buyer
Anoka County partners with Minnesota Housing, the state's housing finance agency, to offer affordable loan programs including one for first-time homebuyers and one for current homeowners.
Download a "Homeownership is Possible (PDF)" brochure.
* Mortgages are issued from lenders approved by Minnesota Housing: only use approved lenders.
* Mortgages issued to qualified buyers are fixed-rate low interest loans.
* Down payment and/or closing cost assistance loans up to $12,000 may also be available.
- Download a "Down Payment and Closing Cost Loans (PDF)" brochure.
* Anoka County does not have a Down Payment program of its own.
2018 Mortgage Programs
- first time homebuyers who have never owned a home or haven't owned one in 3 years.
- current homeowners wanting to purchase a different home or refinance their current mortgage.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Meet minimum credit scores set by program.
- Meet income limits*, the combined household income can't exceed:
- $90,400 (1-2 people) - $103,900 (3+ people)
- Meet purchase price limits*:
- Homes purchased in Anoka County can't exceed $306,000.
Interest rates, limits and lenders are subject to change. Visit Minnesota Housing website for current information.
Download a "Ready to Buy a Home (PDF)" brochure.
Mortgage applicants may be required to complete a homebuyer education class from a HUD-certified counseling agency. Here are two options:
- Home Stretch is an in-person class offered locally by the Anoka County Community Action Program (ACCAP) as well as other HUD-certified counseling agencies.
- Framework is an online course offered by the Minnesota Homeownership Center.
For More Information
- Download a First Time Homebuyer Information Packet (PDF) or call 763-324-4601 to ask questions or have a packet mailed.
- Contact Minnesota Housing at 651-296-8215 or 800-710-8871 or visit Minnesota Housing
- Contact Anoka County Community Action Program (ACCAP) at 763-783-4747 or visit ACCAP
- Contact Minnesota Homeownership Center at 651-659-9336 or visit Minnesota Homeowenership Center
- Other HUD-certified counseling agencies, visit HUD's website
Information as of 2-14-18